12 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Attend consultation with Bride and Groom.
- Have Bride and Groom complete Wedding Registration Form.
- Have Bride and Groom select bridal party and other attendants. Rule of thumb is one usher per 50 guests.
- Provide Bride and Groom with wedding etiquette information (as required).
- Have Bride and Groom finalize wedding date.
- Prepare budget and review it with Bride and Groom.
- Book ceremony venue and pay deposit.
- Book reception venue and pay deposit.
- Determine if venues require proof of liability insurance, and if so, make arrangements.
- Have Bride and Groom prepare list of guests to attend.
- Coordinate engagement party, if requested.
10 – 11 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Determine customs and/or traditions, personalized vows, readings and/or exchanges the Bride and Groom would like to include in the ceremony (lighting of unity candle, flowers to mother, etc.).
- Have Bride and Groom meet with you and the wedding officiant.
- Book caterer.
- Book musicians for the ceremony (soloist, organist, etc.).
- Book musicians for the reception (band, DJ, etc.).
- Book photographer.
- Book videographer.
8 – 9 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Book florist.
- Book cake designer/baker.
- Book transportation for wedding and related events.
- Have Bride and Groom sign up for premarital counseling, if required or desired.
- Have Bride select and purchase wedding dress, headpiece/veil, shoes, lingerie, and accessories.
- Have Bride select bridesmaid and flower girl dresses and accessories.
6 – 7 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Make arrangements to have bridesmaids and flower girl fitted with dresses.
- Have mothers of the Bride and Groom select their dresses.
- Have Bride and Groom sign up with a gift registry and select desired gifts.
- Book calligrapher.
- Book rentals such as tents, tables, chairs, linens, china, glassware, cake knife, toasting glasses, candelabras, etc, as required or requested.
- Have Bride and Groom send any required deposits to vendors and suppliers.
- Remind Bride and Groom to book their honeymoon and update passports, obtain visas and any inoculations required.
- Reserve rooms for out-of-town guests (if requested).
- Review all vendor/supplier contracts and provide advice to Bride and Groom.
5 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Order invitations, RSVP cards, thank you cards, etc.
- Select and order all flowers.
- Plan reception including finalizing theme, décor, etc. Select favors, table centerpieces, decorations, candles, etc.
- Have Bride and Groom finalize ceremony music selections.
- Have Bride and Groom finalize reception music selections.
- Provide music requests and lists to all musicians.
- Have Bride and Groom finalize wedding invitation list.
4 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Review budget and checklists with Bride and Groom to ensure everything is on track.
- Remind Bride and Groom to select their wedding rings and arrange for engravings.
- Have Groom select and get fitted for tuxedo or alternative formalwear and shoes.
- Have groomsmen (and ring bearer and ushers, if applicable) fitted for tuxedos or alternative formalwear including shoes.
- Meet caterer (with Bride and Groom) for tasting and review menu options.
- Order wedding cake and Groom’s cake (if desired).
- Have Bride and Groom arrange for emcee and other speakers (I.e. individuals making toasts) at the reception.
- Have Bride and Groom select and arrange with individuals to handle guest book.
- Have Bride and Groom select and arrange with individuals to hand out programs.
- Talk to Maid of Honor and Best Man about planning a bridal shower and bachelor party.
- Have Bride and Groom book honeymoon suite for wedding night.
- Have Bride book suite to get ready in on the day of the wedding, if applicable.
- Have Bride and Groom arrange for planning of a rehearsal dinner and day after wedding brunch, if desired.
3 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Have Bride make all appointments for hair, make-up, and manicure/pedicure.
- Have Bride and Groom get blood tests and/or have medical examinations, if required.
- Provide caterer with food/menu and beverage selections.
- Plan additional liquor needs, if required.
- Have Bride and Groom select any readings (and readers) for the ceremony.
- Have Bride and Groom meet with the officiant to review ceremony and finalize vows.
- Determine what customs and/or traditions the Bride and Groom would like to include at the reception, such as formal cake cutting, toasts, etc.
- Finalize time and location of rehearsal.
- Prepare maps, directions, information sheets, and hotel recommendations for out-of-town guests.
- Prepare wedding program, wedding weekend itinerary, and wedding day schedule.
- Obtain wedding invitations list from couple.
- Provide wedding list to calligrapher.
- Meet with stationer to have invitations, RSVP cards, thank you cards, itineraries, programs, menus, and any accessories printed.
2 Months Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Pick up and mail out wedding invitations (together with RSVP cards, etc.)
- Contact booked venues to confirm arrangements and arrange with Bride and Groom to pay balances due, as required.
- Have Bride and bridesmaids attend follow-up wedding attire fittings.
- Prepare information and instruction sheets for all members of the bridal party and for all vendors.
- Have Bride prepare guest list for shower and give to Maid of Honor.
- Have Groom prepare guest list for Groom’s get together and give to Best Man.
- Have Bride select going away outfit.
1 Month Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Have Bride and Groom obtain marriage license (within legal time period).
- Track gifts received and send out thank you cards (if requested to handle this).
- Have Bride and Groom pick up wedding rings and ensure proper fit.
- Provide photographer with list of photos to be taken.
- Provide instructions to videographer.
- Confirm music lists and arrangements with musicians.
- Confirm rental requirements and drop-off times.
- Pick up any ceremony or reception accessories not provided by the rental company or caterer (candles, goblets, ring pillow, guest book, cake knife, etc.)
- Have Bride and Groom purchase gifts for bridal attendants, parents, ushers, and each other.
3 Weeks Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Follow up with guests who have not sent in an RSVP.
- Prepare seating plan for reception.
- Prepare name plates/seating cards.
- Have Bride go in for trial hair and make-up appointment(s) and confirm wedding day appointments.
- Have Bride and Groom prepare a wedding reception toast/speech.
2 Weeks Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Provide wedding day schedule and instructions to all appropriate vendors.
- Phone to confirm all arrangements with vendors and suppliers one more time.
- Have Bride and bridesmaids pick up their gowns/dresses and all accessories (including veil and/or headpiece for Bride, shoes, jewelry, etc.)
- Have couple pick up tickets, itinerary, traveler’s checks, etc. for honeymoon.
- Have Bride arrange for bridesmaids luncheon and give gifts to attendants.
- Have Groom arrange groomsmen get together and give gifts to attendants.
1 Week Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Provide caterer with final numbers for reception.
- Confirm the rehearsal date and time with all members of the bridal party and all others assisting with the wedding (such as officiant, parents, photographer, videographer, musicians, etc.)
- Meet with Bride and Groom to review all wedding plans and to get the marriage license from them.
- Find out from Bride and Groom where wedding gifts that are received on day of wedding are to be dropped off.
- Obtain from Bride and Groom the final checks for vendors’ outstanding fees (such as musicians, officiant, caterer, florist, transportation, and your fees, etc.).
- Prepare envelopes addressed to various vendors to pay final fees.
- Have Bride and Groom pack for their honeymoon including clothes, toiletries, tickets, passports, visas, maps, guidebooks, traveler’s checks, money, etc.
- Have Bride and Groom pack their going away outfits, wedding night, and next day clothes and toiletries.
2 Days Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Have Groom and his attendants pick up tuxedoes/formalwear.
- Have Bride and Groom give gifts to parents and each other.
- Pack all items you need to bring to the wedding ceremony (such as guest book and pen, marriage license, ceremony programs, candles, emergency kit, special ceremony or cultural items, etc.).
- Drop off all reception favors, table centerpieces, cake knife, toasting goblets, candles, etc. at reception venue so they can be set up prior to reception.
- Have couple confirm early meeting times with bridal party for the wedding day.
Day Before – by Date ____/____/____
- Attend and direct rehearsal.
- Hand out wedding schedule, itineraries, and instructions to all members of the bridal party and any others involved with the wedding such as ushers, parents, photographer, videographer, officiant, musicians, etc.
- Provide seating details to ushers.
- Bring ring bearer’s pillow and provide to individual responsible for the ring bearer.
- Have Groom give Bride’s ring to Best Man (or to you, for safekeeping, if a young ring bearer is involved in the wedding).
- Have Bride give Groom’s ring to Maid of Honor (or to you, for safekeeping, if a young ring bearer is involved in the wedding).
- Oversee the decorating of the ceremony and reception venues.
Day of Wedding (Prior to Ceremony)
- Bring your charged cell phone with you for the day.
- Bring your checklists, schedule, list of vendors and contact information.
- Attend with Bride, as required (and make sure she eats).
- Oversee and coordinate with venue manager, musicians, photographer, videographer, officiant, florist, decorator, and transportation. Bring marriage license, guest book and pen, programs, and candles (and set everything up).
- Bring emergency kit (including small sewing kit, safety pins, bobby pins, antacid, Kleenex, brush, hairspray, etc.) in case needed.
Day of Wedding (Ceremony & After)
- Attend and oversee ceremony (including processional, recessional, and receiving line after ceremony) and provide supervision, guidance, support, assistance, instructions, or whatever may be required for the ceremony to run smoothly.
- Provide final payment checks to all ceremony vendors.
- Collect marriage license, candles, guest book and pen, extra programs, and anything left behind after the ceremony.
- Attend photo taking after ceremony and coordinate with photographer.
Day of Wedding (Reception)
- Oversee and coordinate with venue manager, caterer, musicians, DJ, cake designer, photographer, videographer, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee reception receiving line.
- Provide final payment checks to all reception vendors/suppliers.
- Coordinate first dance(s), cake cutting, bouquet throwing, garter toss, etc. (as requested).
- Collect all wedding gifts and cash received at reception and deliver them to predetermined location.
After the Wedding (if requested)
- Drop off wedding dress at cleaners.
- Return Groom’s formalwear attire.
- Arrange for pressing of flowers.
- Send wedding announcement to the newspaper.
- Send thank you cards for gifts.
- Sent out change of address cards.
- Ensure that Bride and Groom receive marriage license.
- Send congratulations and “thank you for your business” cards to the couple.